Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hail and Welcome!

Véthorn= Vé (holy)+Þorn (thorn)
hof n- temple [Old Norse]

Hello everyone and welcome to my Blog!

My name is Véthorn, and I am 18 years old. I have been researching and practicing Paganism for a majority of my life, with explorations in Buddhism and Wicca starting as young as the age of 7. Throughout my Pagan life, I have become familiar with Buddhism, Traditional Wicca, La Vayen Satanism, Tameran Wicca, Hellenism/Hellenic Wicca, and finally Norse Paganism/Norse Wicca. I have only been studying Norse Paganism for a couple of months now, but I feel comfortable enough to keep this blog and explore this vast and interesting tradition.

Mainly, this blog will function as a way for me to discuss my evolving spirituality, and reflect on interesting ritual experiences and Deity interaction. Hopefully, you will find many unique insights into Norse Paganism within these entries, and also that I may inspire you to recharge your spiritual self!

Currently, I am reading many books about Norse Paganism [Our Troth, Essential Asatru, Futhark, Runelore, etc.) and Norse Mythology [Everyman+Penguin Classic's Prose Edda, Lee M. Hollander's translation of the Poetic Edda, and Sagas of the Icelanders]. In addition to these books, several friends of mine who have been involved in Asatru for many years supplied me with many trusted and quality internet sites to learn from (thank you so much Bertie!).

Outside of my spiritual life, I enjoy photography, singing, foreign language, and writing poetry. Often you will see me outside relaxing in the woods (even more often at night). I enjoy the beach, although Winter is my favorite season. I have only just recently graduated high school, with plans of going to college. Ideally, I would like to persue a PhD. in Psychology, although I am more likely going to get a certification in Phlebotomy (taking blood).

I think that about sums it up. Don't be afraid to leave me a comment or ask questions- I always love conversation!

Until next time,

-Véthorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment